Karen Scrowcroft is an HCPC registered Podiatrist (BSC Honours) qualified from Salford University in 2001 [BSc Hons Pod Med] HCPC Reg who joined the Physio Plus team in September 2020.
During your appointment Karen will discuss your foot health needs and take a full medical history, this may involve her listening to the pulses in your feet and making sure the nerve innervation in both feet are to the standard that they should be, especially if you are a diabetic.
From this a thorough Assessment, Treatment, Discussion, Advice and Care plan will be discussed to help you make informed decision on your health and wellbeing going forward.
“If treatment is required you can be assured that I will endeavour to undertake a thorough treatment and will not leave any” stone unturned” to assure your satisfaction and a” pain free” exit. This has allowed me to build up my reputation in my Podiatry career and with my clients and colleagues and I am sure will continue in my position as Podiatrist here at Physio Plus.”
- My nineteen years of experience gives me the opportunity to bring to you my client a wealth of knowledge gained in the podiatry field not only in the NHS but also privately.
- Advice on appropriate Footwear and the construction required for your foot type and activity.
- Prescription of orthotics to allow for better foot function and redistributing pressure from problem areas.
- Performing nail surgery only when all other options/ conservative treatments have been exhausted.
- High risk assessments and treatments for those with Diabetes and Rheumatoid arthritis or any other immunosuppressive conditions which require yearly observation or emergency foot health needs.
… a personal note from Karen
“Becoming a Podiatrist was a natural” light bulb” moment, after years of working in care homes and latter in Hospital Theatres in Newtownards hospital, I saw a vast amount of foot types in all shapes and sizes and in varies conditions and levels of pain and discomfort.
What a job Podiatry has been for me to combine my interest in feet and the love of communication with all individuals
I initially worked for the NHS, then after moving to Plymouth to bring my children up by the sea, set my own Podiatry business in 2008. In summer 2020 we decided to make a great change and move home to be closer to my Parents and family.”